Developed by Hexagon US Federal, JCMIS is a Web-based product life-cycle management (PLM) system that provides clear, concise, and valid information during all phases of the product life cycle: design, development, maintenance, and disposition. It integrates configuration identification, change control, status accounting, and audits into a closed-loop system that helps managers perform PLM from early design through asset retirement. JCMIS provides a seamless view of a part, its documentation, identification number, technical directives, allowable configurations, and as-is configurations. It complies with EIA 649 (National Consensus Standard for Configuration Management) and embraces the Configuration Management II (CMII) methodology.
Key Features and Benefits
- Single point integration of PLM business process
- Standardizes CM/DM business processes across the enterprise
- Robust data security protocols (Database roles and rights permissions)
- Compliant with all mandated Security Initiatives (Retina and Gold disk scans, IAVA, IAVB, IAVT)
- Rich systematic approach for creating, configuring, managing, and reusing product structures
- Design documentation identification and revision control
- Electronic data library for documentation
- Physical part attributes
- Supplier source data includes Source, Maintenance, and Recoverability Codes (SM&R)
- Work unit code structures
- Asset management includes: Life limited components, “As is” configurations, warranties, etc.
- Change lifecycle includes: Variances, Preliminary, and Formal Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs)